What do I do if my dog is from a foreign country?

You must go to a vet to get your dog registered with DogID.

What do I do if my dog is lost or stolen ?

Notify DogID as soon as possible by calling +32 (0)2 333 92 22 between 8h and 20h.

What do I do if my dog has a microchip or tattoo but isn't registered with DogID ?

You must get in touch with the vet to get him to send us the provisional identification and registration certificate.

I'm a private individual. Can I change the registered owner by phone, fax, or e-mail ?

The fastest solutions, if you still have contact with the former responsible, consist of:
  • Either the former responsible asks DogID to mail him the card "Change of owner or change of address request”. The former responsible returns us it with your coordinates on the back and upon receipt, DogID will immediately carry out the change. 
  • Either sent a joint declaration to DogID, signed by the former responsible and yourself, stating the change of responsible. Upon receipt, DogID will immediately carry out the change.
If this is not feasible, and you no longer own this card, you can send a simple written request to DogID. DogID will then ask the agreement to the former responsible to carry out the change (procedure that takes +/-3 weeks).

From January 1st, 2019 merged municipality. Which address do I have to mention?

Since 1 January 2019, Flanders has 7 new merged municipalities. If your (sub) municipality is one of them, please encode your pre-merge address for now. An automatic update to all new addresses that are changing is planned. This update will take several weeks.

We advise you to consult the website by the end of February and if necessary to make the needful corrections.

Online registration

Only for professionals

Watch video

Regions & DogID


Hand in hand with the Regions

More information